Saturday, July 15, 2006

 

Yay, Videos!

Here are some of my favorite music videos that can be found on Youtube. Or actually, videos for songs/ by artists I love that happen to be there. In no particular order:

1. Silly Fools- Kid Teung
I really hope this video's meant to be funny, because it's freakin' hilarious, what with all the (I hope) faux-sincere overacting. The band seems to have a good sense of humor about itself, so I'm thinking it's supposed to make me laugh. And really, you can't go wrong with a Silly Fools video. They're awesome. The sound's weird in this one because it's from the karaoke VCD, and one audio channel has the melody for singing along.

2. Spitz- Tekuteku
Another band whose entire oeuvre I highly recommend. This video's so sweet and sad and pretty and animated.

3. Shudder To Think- Hit Liquor
Yes, yes, yes! It's not the best song on the album (still great, though,) but it's the only one with a video on Youtube. Plus, did the video for "X-French Tee Shirt" have Nathan Larson cutting up and cooking some dead guy on a boat? No, it did not.

4. Love Psychedelico- Help
I love Love Psychedelico. And I love falling dominoes. And I love Rube Goldberg machines. And I love breakfast. And I love well-done Beatles covers. And I love this video.

5. The Trews- Not Ready to Go
I love them. I didn't even notice the creepy dolls in the video the first time around.

6. Philosopher Kings- You Don't Love Me (Like You Used To)
Wanna see some snails gettin' it on? No? How 'bout ladybugs? Well fine then, don't click on the link. Perverts will discover a really great song, along with the aforementioned invertebrate lovin'.

7. Jon Spencer Blues Explosion- 2 Kindsa Love
Song and video don't match at all- and that's the genius of it. I know all the 90s teen alternagrrrls were supposed to be all hot over Jon, but I've always been a Russell Simins kinda gal.

8. Cibo Matto- Sugar Water
Freaky, creepy, and totally awesome.

9. Ultimate Fakebook- Inside Me, Inside You
Yay for Kansas bands! Yay for "How to Rock" videos! And yay for big bald burly bassists (mmm... Nick Colby)!

10. Roots- What They Do
Speaking of how-to videos, this is the "Rap Video Manual." Is this really from an entire decade ago? I'm getting old.

This is the first in a series of "Ten videos from Youtube that have something in common" posts. Stand by for "Intros from TV shows I watched when I was little," "Commercials I remember," and other self-indulgent, navel-gazing topics.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?