Friday, December 29, 2006

 

Pop Goes the World

Pop music. If you don't at least admit to having a few guilty-pleasure favorites, you're either a boring snob or you're dead inside. Here's a few of my favorite pop videos

1. Girls Aloud- Biology
The British get all the fun popstars. They still get girl groups like this- all we ever get is horrible crap like the Pussycat Dolls. I covet pretty much all the clothes in this video. I also covet the Girls' ability to dance in heels. I'm doing well if I can walk without looking drunk or stupid.

2. Polecats- Make a Circuit With Me
Yeah, I know they say they're Rockabilly, but they're British. Come on, you can't be Rockabilly and have a monarch. If you can't drive to Memphis, you're just New Wave.

3. Rachel Stevens- I Said Never Again (But Here We Are)
What Prison Is Like in England: Lots of makeup, access to good hair extensions, slutty outfits, co-ed accomodations, good-looking men, one guard who sits in a little room watching video monitors, being in cells is optional... I could handle that.

4. McFly- Ultraviolet
From Top of the Pops. I maybe need to stop with the British stuff here.

5. Evonne Hsu- Da Feng Chui
There's an American. Based in Taiwan now, but born and raised in Texas. And based on the comments, I'm not the only one watching IMF.

6. Alanis- An Emotion Away
My first exposure to Alanis' musical work. Boy was I surprised a few years later when Jagged Little Pill came out. I wonder if this is when she was with Dave Coulier?

7. Tarkan- Simarik
Turkish pop! I'd hit it. There's this, too, but it's all skippy.

8. Tom Jones- It's Not Unusual
I'll say it here for all the internet to see: I love Tom Jones. Love him. I'm more like Carlton than I want to admit.

9. Debbie Gibson- Electric Youth
Last time I had a New Kids video, and here's Debbie Gibson. I played the shit out of this tape. Yes, tape. I also loved Electric Youth perfume.

10. Men Without Hats- Pop Goes the World
The title of the post. This is a better song than "Safety Dance."

Pop. Yay.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?